Reading Wyoming is a book discussion program, available to any non-profit organization or public agency in Wyoming. The program brings community members and a humanities discussion leader together to read and talk about selected books. The sponsoring organization, in conjunction with the discussion leader, selects the Reading Wyoming series. Discussions take place during the specified time with a group of 8 to 20 participants.
The Wyoming Humanities Council provides publicity, multiple copies of the books and expenses for the discussion leader. Contact Leslie Capps, (307) 721-9243, firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance.
- Groups may host one Reading Wyoming program every 12 months.
- Spring Reading Wyoming: Four meetings between January 20 and May 15. Application deadline: October 15.
- Summer Reading Wyoming: Four meetings between June 1 and August 31. Application deadline: March 15.
- Fall Reading Wyoming: Four meetings between August 1 and December 5. Application deadline: May 15.
- Applications may be submitted before the deadlines; requests will be approved based on order received, geographic distribution and funds available.
- After reviewing the Reading Wyoming series, list your top three choices of series, choosing four books if applicable in order of your preference. A list of series, including books in the series, is available on this website.
- List the dates and location for your meetings and the name of the discussion leader.
- The project director should sign and submit the form, postmarked by the deadline. It is preferable, although not required, for the project director to be an employee of the sponsoring organization.
- The Wyoming Humanities Council will notify groups of funding decisions and series selection as soon as possible.